WYPR Mission Statement
The mission of Your Public Radio is to inform, connect and even challenge the listeners we serve in the metropolitan Baltimore area and the state of Maryland by broadcasting programs of intellectual integrity and cultural merit so as to provide an unbiased perspective of the events of today and to enrich the minds and spirits of our audience.
WYPR's principles and values
- WYPR will remain fundamentally noncommercial in spirit and practice
- WYPR will adhere to the highest standards of journalistic and artistic excellence
- WYPR will deliver educational, informational, cultural, and entertainment programming as a public service to the broadest possible audiences
- WYPR will operate under sound principles of fiscal planning, management and governance
- WYPR will foster a positive working environment characterized by fairness, equality of opportunity.
WYPR's Commitment to Diversity
As a public media provider for the greater Baltimore and Maryland counties, WYPR is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion to maintain a fair, unbiased work environment in order to enhance and improve its ability to effectively serve the public. Our aim is to create a diverse working environment with regard to ethnicity, race, gender identity, nationality, age, language, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background and physical abilities. WYPR adheres to rigorous nondiscrimination policies, ethics policies and actively commits to equal opportunity hiring and affirmative action in our workplace.
WYPR's Diversity Goals
• To recruit and retain a diverse workforce that is representative of our service area.
• To educate our management and staff in best practices to maintain an inclusive,
diverse and accepting environment for all persons.
• To integrate the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion into all aspects of our
• To engage authentically with our audience through our programming and other
initiatives in such a way that reflects an enduring commitment to diversity, equity,
inclusion and access.
• To provide equal opportunity in employment.