It takes extraordinarily talented people to bring you the programs you enjoy on WYPR. With the growth at WYPR we will occasionally need experienced self motivated people to work in several departments. If you are highly qualified and would like to inquire about one of these positions, please submit your resume by e-mail. Regretfully, we cannot accept telephone applications. Thanks for your interest in WYPR.
Employment Opportunities - (2)
WYPR-FM, Baltimore’s NPR News station - has a full-time opening for an experienced Board Operator/Producer, who can write, produce, and read radio content in studio as needed. Candidates should have experience operating a radio broadcasting console, running live LOCAL talk; and have experience with computer assisted radio programs. Must be flexible; work hours will include weekend shift(s) and as needed. We’re looking for a self-motivated person, who is engaged, a good communicator, one who works well with a variety of host personalities and is cool under pressure…like breaking news, major events and serious weather situations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responsible for running broadcast board inclusive of digital editing, recording and maintaining network feeds.
- Write and read local newscasts.
- Protects the company’s FCC license.
- Required to perform production work.
- Other duties as required by management.
Submit cover letter (cite recruitment source) and resume to Business Manager-WYPR, 2216 N. Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21218 or to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. WYPR is an EOE.
Underwriting Sales Executive
WYPR, Baltimore’s NPR News station, is looking for seasoned sales professionals to develop dynamic marketing campaigns for new and existing clients. The ideal candidate will be someone who can develop new client relationships through cold calling, networking and referrals from existing clients; have an innovative approach to client development and be a team player. This person will continually contact, develop and pursue direct advertising accounts and will develop small business clients. These individuals are also held accountable for achieving sales budgets and collecting on the accounts. Candidates must have a positive attitude and a drive to win. Self-motivation is essential. If you’re interested in a commission based position thriving in a highly energetic sales environment - this job is the opportunity for you!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain account lists and soliciting new business through prospecting and cold calling
- Contact prospective customers to sell radio time for broadcasting station/network
- Managing and growing existing assigned accounts/budgets
- Identifying clients’ advertising needs and developing and presenting customized solutions to meet those needs
- Develop proposals utilizing MS office products, and Qualitative Research
- Prepare promotional plans, sales literature, and advertising proposals
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients by providing top quality service
- Investigate and resolve customer problems
- Communicate with other departments to assure quality service in placing orders and arranging promotional events
- Responsible for exceeding sales budget and collection of sold accounts.
Successful candidates must possess exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills. They must be self-motivated, goal driven and creative, with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment. In addition, the right candidate must have: Must have a valid driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance.Prior experience in sales/marketing; previous radio sales experience preferred.
Apply with cover letter (cite referral source) with resume to WYPR, 2216 N Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21218. WYPR is an EOE.
WYPR is a long-standing, reliable source of news, captivating programming and community engagement in the greater Baltimore and Maryland region.
The mission of Your Public Radio Corporation is to inform, connect and even challenge the listeners we serve in the metropolitan Baltimore area and the State of Maryland by broadcasting programs of intellectual integrity and cultural merit so as to provide an unbiased perspective of the events of today and to enrich the minds and spirits of our audience.
When jobs are posted, submit cover letter (cite recruitment source) and resume to Vice President of Finance-WYPR, 2216 N. Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21218 or to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. WYPR is an EOE.
Interns are major contributors to the content produced for on-air and online audiences at WYPR. We provide opportunities to learn everything from radio production and web journalism to digital media, event planning, non-profit management, and customer service.We expect interns to conduct themselves professionally and to adhere to the highest journalistic standards of objectivity, fairness, and integrity. While there is no pay available, hours are flexible and the experience has proven invaluable to past interns. Most work would be done at the WYPR studios in Charles Village.Typical duties include research, transcription, script writing, photography, editorial meeting attendance, archive maintenance, audio & video editing, answering phones and emails, analyzing report, and help in the mail room. Opportunities exist in the following departments:
- On-air & Podcast Production Teams
- Digital Media
- an interest in NPR, local Maryland news, and storytelling in general
- strong writing skills & proficiency with word processing software
- Adobe Audition experience is preferred but not necessary
- Journalism experience preferred
To apply: email a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com.
WYPR serves the metropolitan Baltimore area and the state of Maryland, the mission of Your Public Radio is to broadcast programs of intellectual integrity and cultural merit which enrich the minds and spirits of our listeners and ultimately strengthen the communities we serve. Values and Principles include:
1. WYPR will remain fundamentally noncommercial in spirit and practice
2. WYPR will adhere to the highest standards of journalistic and artistic excellence
3. WYPR will deliver educational, informational, cultural, and entertainment programming as a public service to the broadest possible audiences
4. WYPR will operate under sound principles of fiscal planning, management and governance
5. WYPR will foster a positive working environment characterized by fairness, equality of opportunity
When jobs are posted, please submit cover letter (cite recruitment source), resume, and references to the address below. Make sure to include audio samples if required . Or your application package can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. WYPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
2216 N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21218