It takes extraordinarily talented people to bring you the programs you enjoy on WYPR. With the growth at WYPR we will occasionally need experienced self motivated people to work in several departments. Regretfully, we cannot accept telephone applications. Thanks for your interest in WYPR.
WYPR 88.1 FM
WYPR 88.1 FM, Baltimore's NPR radio station, seeks a full-time Supervising Producer. In conjunction with the Midday Host and other members of the staff the Supervising Producer will plan and oversee the coordination of five, one-hour shows per week, and reconfigure content that can be re-aired when necessary. Some shows will spend the hour exploring one topic while other shows will be in a magazine format, in which two or three topics are included. There will also be special broadcasts, (i.e., live election coverage), and the coordination with outside vendors to produce live and pre-recorded in-person broadcasts.
WYPR is a long-standing, reliable source of news, captivating programming and community engagement in the greater Baltimore and Maryland region.
The mission of Your Public Radio Corporation is to inform, connect and even challenge the listeners we serve in the metropolitan Baltimore area and the State of Maryland by broadcasting programs of intellectual integrity and cultural merit so as to provide an unbiased perspective of the events of today and to enrich the minds and spirits of our audience.
No phone calls, please. WYPR is an EOE.
Interns are major contributors to the content produced for on-air and online audiences at WYPR. We provide opportunities to learn everything from radio production and web journalism to digital media, event planning, non-profit management, and customer service. We expect interns to conduct themselves professionally and to adhere to the highest journalistic standards of objectivity, fairness, and integrity. While there is no pay available, hours are flexible and the experience has proven invaluable to past interns. Most work would be done at the WYPR studios in Charles Village.Typical duties include research, transcription, script writing, photography, editorial meeting attendance, archive maintenance, audio & video editing, answering phones and emails, analyzing reports, and helping in the mail room. Opportunities exist in the following departments:
- On-air & Podcast Production Teams
- Digital Media
- an interest in NPR, local Maryland news, and storytelling in general
- strong writing skills & proficiency with word processing software
- Adobe Audition experience is preferred but not necessary
- Journalism experience preferred
WYPR serves the metropolitan Baltimore area and the state of Maryland, the mission of Your Public Radio is to broadcast programs of intellectual integrity and cultural merit which enrich the minds and spirits of our listeners and ultimately strengthen the communities we serve. Values and Principles include:
1. WYPR will remain fundamentally noncommercial in spirit and practice
2. WYPR will adhere to the highest standards of journalistic and artistic excellence
3. WYPR will deliver educational, informational, cultural, and entertainment programming as a public service to the broadest possible audiences
4. WYPR will operate under sound principles of fiscal planning, management and governance
5. WYPR will foster a positive working environment characterized by fairness, equality of opportunity