It takes extraordinarily talented people to bring you the programs you enjoy on WYPR. With the growth at WYPR we will occasionally need experienced self motivated people to work in several departments. If you are highly qualified and would like to inquire about one of these positions, please submit your resume by e-mail. Regretfully, we cannot accept telephone applications. Thanks for your interest in WYPR.
Employment Opportunities - (3)
Full Time - Business Manager/Controller
Reports To: President and General Manager Summary - Manages a variety of accounting and general office duties to include human resources.
- Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesResponsible for monthly financial close
- Processes and reviews account payables, cash receipts, credit applications, trade, accounts receivable and billing activity
- Maintains general ledger
- Calculates commissions
- Ensures all financial deadlines and due dates are met in a timely manner
- Provide daily tracking of cash balances and cash needs
- Maintains personnel files, ensuring all files are updated properly
- Processes financial statements reports for management
- Responsible for forecasting and budgeting
- Analyzes and organizes office operations and procedures such as, personnel, information management, filing systems, requisition of supplies, and other clerical services
- Maximizes office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications
- Maintains contact with customers and outside vendors
- Audits invoices and researches discrepancies
- Processes employment open positions for recruitment and EEO responsibilities and other employment activities
BA/BS in Accounting or Finance preferred; 1-2 years accounting experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook; Internet, Accounting and Database software. Quickbooks experience is highly preferred. To Apply - Submit cover letter (cite recruitment source) and resume to: President-WYPR, 2216 N. Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21218 or to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. WYPR is an EOE.
Full Time - Exempt/Major Gifts Officer
WYPR is seeking an experienced and driven major gift fundraiser to lead the station’s efforts to realize an aggressive plan to grow service to the Baltimore region. The Major Gifts Officer will be responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors and prospects at the mid and major giving levels for annual operations, capital expenditures, special projects, and planned giving. The ideal individual is a detail-oriented professional that is a self-starter and has a passion for public radio. A proven record in non-profit development and fundraising is a must.
You will have an opportunity to help the organization build an audacious case for support and to implement systems to track and grow a robust major gifts program.
- Build and maintain relationships with current and prospective mid-level and major giving donors and cultivate them to increase giving to major gift levels and/or planned gifts.
- Collaborate across departments and with organization’s Board to bring to fruition the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of mid and major donors.
- Assist prospective donors in their charitable gift planning and design.
- Collaborate with membership and event staff for fundraising and marketing events to steward and cultivate donors and prospects.
- Strategically position the President and General Manager for meetings with key donors, prospects and community stakeholders.
- Act as a station representative within the community.
A minimum of five years of progressively responsible major gift fundraising experience, demonstrated ability to accomplish results through successful interpersonal relationship-building skills, and mid to high level of database experience. Bachelor’s degree is preferred or equivalent work experience is required, graduate degree is a plus.
Candidates should submit a cover letter (please cite referral source) and resume to WYPR, Business Manager, 2216 N. Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21218, or to email@example.com. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. WYPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Part Time - Board Operator/Weekend Announcer
WYPR-FM, Baltimore’s NPR News station - has a part time job opening. Come be the voice of WYPR’s weekends! WYPR is looking for a weekend announcer/board operator. This is a part-time position hosting WYPR weekend programs. We’re looking for an engaging voice, able to read copy clearly and make our local segments mesh with the network. The applicant should be able to work a control board, know automation software, and have some experience editing and voice tracking.
We’re looking for a self-motivated person, who is engaged, a good communicator, one who works well and is cool under pressure…like breaking news, major events and serious weather situations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responsible for running broadcast board inclusive of digital editing, recording and maintaining network feeds.
- Protects the company’s FCC license.
- Required to perform production work.
- Other duties as required by management.
Submit cover letter (cite recruitment source) and resume to
WYPR, 2216 N. Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21218 or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please. WYPR is an EOE.
WYPR is a long-standing, reliable source of news, captivating programming and community engagement in the greater Baltimore and Maryland region.
The mission of Your Public Radio Corporation is to inform, connect and even challenge the listeners we serve in the metropolitan Baltimore area and the State of Maryland by broadcasting programs of intellectual integrity and cultural merit so as to provide an unbiased perspective of the events of today and to enrich the minds and spirits of our audience.
When jobs are posted, submit cover letter (cite recruitment source) and resume to Business Manager-WYPR, 2216 N. Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21218 or to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. WYPR is an EOE.
Interns are major contributors to the content produced for on-air and online audiences at WYPR. We provide opportunities to learn everything from radio production and web journalism to digital media, event planning, non-profit management, and customer service.We expect interns to conduct themselves professionally and to adhere to the highest journalistic standards of objectivity, fairness, and integrity. While there is no pay available, hours are flexible and the experience has proven invaluable to past interns. Most work would be done at the WYPR studios in Charles Village.Typical duties include research, transcription, script writing, photography, editorial meeting attendance, archive maintenance, audio & video editing, answering phones and emails, analyzing report, and help in the mail room. Opportunities exist in the following departments:
- On-air & Podcast Production Teams
- Digital Media
- an interest in NPR, local Maryland news, and storytelling in general
- strong writing skills & proficiency with word processing software
- Adobe Audition experience is preferred but not necessary
- Journalism experience preferred
To apply: email a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WYPR serves the metropolitan Baltimore area and the state of Maryland, the mission of Your Public Radio is to broadcast programs of intellectual integrity and cultural merit which enrich the minds and spirits of our listeners and ultimately strengthen the communities we serve. Values and Principles include:
1. WYPR will remain fundamentally noncommercial in spirit and practice
2. WYPR will adhere to the highest standards of journalistic and artistic excellence
3. WYPR will deliver educational, informational, cultural, and entertainment programming as a public service to the broadest possible audiences
4. WYPR will operate under sound principles of fiscal planning, management and governance
5. WYPR will foster a positive working environment characterized by fairness, equality of opportunity
When jobs are posted, please submit cover letter (cite recruitment source), resume, and references to the address below. Make sure to include audio samples if required . Or your application package can be emailed to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. WYPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
2216 N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21218